Aug.-Sept., 2016 – A full-day seminar presented by Synergy Human Resources.
Are you in charge or play a part in the HR function of your business?
If so, it may be time for a review of your HR knowledge, or better yet, a chance to expand your HR skills. Whether you are a current HR Manager, President, CEO, CFO, one that wears an HR hat, or a new manager, this seminar will detail content applicable to you and your business.
The seminar will target HR topics related to the life of an employee, including:
- The Rules of Engagement in Hiring and Interviewing
- Appropriate Content for a Job Description
- At-Will Employment and Wrongful Termination Laws
- How to Prevent Discrimination and Harassment in the Workplace
- Workers’ Compensation
- State Parental Leave Act, Federal Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and Americans with Disabilities Act
- Exempt and Non-Exempt Employees
- Motivating Your Employees to Achieve the Performance You Want
- Being An Effective Leader Through Proper Delegation
- Developing a Process to Measure Performance
- Disciplinary Techniques and Termination
North Risk Partners is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for 6.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the SHRM Certification website.
Seminar sessions available:
Apollo Division – August 25th in St. Cloud, MN
C.O. Brown Division – September 13th in Rochester, MN
Johnson McCann Division – September 15th in St. Paul, MN
Thune Division – September 22nd in Thief River Falls, MN
*A client is welcome to attend the seminar session that best fits their schedule and location.
If you would like to attend one of the seminar sessions, please contact your advisor.