Laws regulating benefits continuation for public entity organizations in Minnesota are especially complicated due to state-level requirements. For public entity benefits administrators, an awareness of the laws is required to make the proper administrative decisions regarding continuation of coverage.
This webinar will give you an overview of the laws which regulate coverage, including Federal Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA), Minnesota state continuation laws, and MN 471.61 Public Entity Early Retirement law. In this webinar, attendees will learn:
- the relationship between COBRA and state continuation laws;
- what constitutes a qualifying event;
- who can be considered a qualified beneficiary;
- the duration of continuation coverage;
- what constitutes a terminating event;
- a description of total disability;
- retiree continuation; and
- an examination of Medicare, COBRA, and Minnesota law.
This webinar is presented by:
Employment & Labor Law Attorney
Synergy Human Resources