FMCSA Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse Technical Difficulties
The new Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse became operational Jan. 6, 2020. Since then, the online system has experienced technical difficulties with queries.
If you are experiencing these errors...
- Document the difficulties, including screenshots of the issue with the date and time, and store them in the driver files under reference checks.
- Once the technical difficulties with the Clearinghouse have been resolved, you will then need to perform a Full Query on that driver if you have hired them.
- You will still need to contact the previous employers from the last three years to obtain the references.
Still need to register for the new Clearinghouse?
- If you have not yet registered, it may be difficult to do so at this time.
- If you have still not established the FMCSA portal account, you will need to do that before you register for the Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse.
- You will need your DOT Personal Identification Number to register for the portal. Click here for information on requesting your FMCSA pin.
- If you are in need of additional information, we also recommend reviewing our recent regulatory update on the Clearinghouse.
If you have questions related to this update, please contact your North Risk Partners advisor. Don’t have an advisor? No problem. We’ll help you find one.
This regulatory update is not intended to be exhaustive nor should any discussion or opinions be construed as legal advice. Readers should contact legal counsel for legal advice.