Let’s face it. Most business owners would like to think they don’t need crime insurance. They trust their employees to be honest or don’t want to think they would be the victim of any crime. Although this assumption is correct more often than not, crime insurance is a must-have in a comprehensive risk management program.
According to the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, most employment related theft is committed by long-term employees that have gained the trust of their employers.
Consider the following:
- 25% of all internal fraud is committed by senior level employees with 7.5 years of experience
- 38% possess a Bachelors Degree or higher
- Most have NOT been previously charged of a fraud offense
- On average, small companies (less than 100 employees) lose $200,000 annually
- Theft not only involves money, but can also include inventory and business personal property
At North Risk Partners™, our agents will review not only your employee dishonesty exposure, but your other crime insurance needs, such as:
- Money & Securities
- ERISA (Employment Retirement Investment Security Act) coverage for qualified retirement plans
- Credit Card Fraud
- Theft of intellectual property