SUMMARY: North Risk is looking for a fun, energetic, organized team member with a passion for education and helping others succeed in their learning and development goals. The Learning and Development Coordinator will oversee and facilitate the execution of North Risk’s sales training program for new risk advisors. This position will also oversee companywide insurance license tracking. North Risk Partners is a fast-growing firm dedicated to serving the insurance and risk management needs of businesses and individuals. Our team consists of over 400 employees working in over 30 locations across five states, including Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota and Nebraska. North Risk’s team is values-driven with a common mission of service – to our clients, to each other, and to our community.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Maintain and update North Risk’s sales training checklist and program based on feedback from functional leaders:-
- Work with subject-matter experts to create learning objectives for training topics.
- Work with communication department to ensure alignment of brand and professionalism in training materials.
- Execute North Risk’s sales training program.
- Facilitate and schedule training sessions with new team members and applicable instructors.
- Hold team members accountable to complete training program with regularly scheduled check-ins.
- Report on status of training progress to sales leaders.
- Visit new acquisitions during first 30 – 60 days to ensure sales training plan is executed and learning objectives are obtained.
- Develop a working knowledge of all insurance products and North Risk’s business model.
- Support learning and development opportunities at the company by promoting and engaging in training initiatives and professional development events.
- Use various communication mediums to ensure team members are aware of learning and development opportunities.
- Stay in-the-know on company happenings and effectively disperse information.
- Advocate for and encourage team to attend and engage in learning and development opportunities.
- Stay abreast of industry learning opportunities and share with team members as appropriate.
- Oversee companywide insurance license and continued education compliance.
- Use software system to house and track all insurance licenses and expiration dates.
- Create system to ensure licenses are renewed on time and stored in a central location.
SECONDARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Perform miscellaneous projects and complete various tasks as requested by management.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS: Education, Experience and Certifications 2-3 years of successful teaching or training experience. Tech savvy (ability to schedule and run webinars). Strong communication skills (both written and verbal). Previous experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel required. Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.Strong attention to detail. Self-starter who regularly demonstrates initiative. Ability to maintain necessary insurance license(s).
BEHAVIOR EXPECTATIONSA: role model for North Risk Partners’ core values, mission, and desired culture. Demonstrate enthusiasm and a positive attitude. A self-starter who takes initiative to identify problems and lead by example. Effective oral and written communication skills to effectively represent North Risk Partners as an employer of choice. Ability to build strong, constructive relationships with a diverse range of clients and organizational partners to discover common goals for a positive experience. Strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills. Professionally and positively represent North Risk Partners to all coworkers, clients, and external stakeholders. A working knowledge of standard technology, including core Microsoft Office products: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint. A team player who collaborates and works well with his/her coworkers. A professional who demonstrates the ability to carry on a conversation with clients, Risk Advisors, and other coworkers within North Risk Partners.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THIS JOB: Perform under normal office conditions; may include lifting/carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.Twist, turn, bend, stoop, kneel, squat, stand, walk and reach frequently. Hear, speak and effectively verbally communicate in the English language, including following oral and written instructions, in order to communicate with people inside and outside the organization. Sit at a desk for extended periods of time and perform long hours of work sitting at a computer.Move around office/building/facilities repeatedly throughout the day.Apply manual dexterity, visual acuity and ability, for computer keyboarding, office equipment use, review of detailed reports, information, fine print and warning labels. Must possess valid driver’s license and be able to travel to different North Risk Partners locations for meetings, as well as various locations throughout the state and potentially the region for client meetings. Able to work a flexible work schedule, including overtime, nights and weekends to attend events and meetings as needed.