POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with employee benefits accounts. Account managers work independently to advise and service accounts. North Risk Partners is a fast-growing firm dedicated to serving the insurance and risk management needs of businesses and individuals. Our team consists of over 400 employees working in over 30 locations across five states, including Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Nebraska. North Risk’s team is values-driven with a common mission of service – to our clients, to each other, and to our community.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients through advising and responding to all correspondence in a quick and accurate manner.
- Includes answering questions regarding all lines of coverage, and assisting with plan and/or carrier changes, claims, and billing-
- Collaborate with risk advisors to determine and meet client goals.
- Support risk advisors by exercising independent judgement and discretion to analyze markets for competitive pricing and develop insurance solutions for current clients
- analyze and offer guidance on alternatives and strategies
- analyze quotes from carriers for accuracy
- review policy contracts to be certain information and coverages are accurate
- evaluate and prepare renewal comparisons and policy proposals,
- present, communicate, and educate clients on policy changes as needed
- resolve inquiries on service problems to ensure client satisfaction
- coordinate external (e.g. carriers) and internal (e.g. agency software systems) implementations of new groups as necessary
- coordinate the implementation or renewal changes with the carriers and any other third party vendors
- market new or renewal business when necessary
- review and analyze client claims data for determining future plan design and pricing for both fully insured and self-funded plans
- Schedule and participate in client meetings as necessary.
- Study trends and advancements in the employee benefits field, as well as changes to the regulatory climate for businesses and the insurance industry overall to keep knowledge current and plan strategically.
- Develop and maintain positive and effective relationships with partner insurance carriers.
- Promote value-added services available through North Risk Partners (i.e., professional consulting, webinars/seminars, communications, Zywave tools, and more).
- Refer business across all departments (i.e., property and casualty, employee benefits, and personal lines).- Attend and actively participate in agency service training meetings.
- Enter activity and other relevant information into agency management systems and other software tools according to company procedures.
- Follow all federal and state regulations and best practices for avoiding errors and omissions.- Continue professional development; pursue and maintain professional designations if applicable.
- Travel as necessary for client meetings.
SECONDARY RESPONSIBILITIES- Perform miscellaneous projects and complete various tasks as requested by management JOB SPECIFICATIONS Education, Experience, and Certifications- High school degree or equivalent is required- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required- Previous work experience in insurance or another service industry is helpful, but not required- Ability to maintain life and health insurance license.
BEHAVIOR EXPECTATIONS- A role model for North Risk Partners’ core values, mission, and desired culture- Demonstrate enthusiasm and a positive attitude- A self-starter who takes initiative to identify problems and lead by example- Effective oral and written communication skills to effectively represent North Risk Partners as an employer of choice- Ability to build strong, constructive relationships with a diverse range of clients, and organizational partners to discover common goals for a positive experience- Strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills- Professionally and positively represent North Risk Partners to all coworkers, clients, and external stake holders- A team player who collaborates and works well with his/her coworkers- A professional who demonstrates the ability to carry on a conversation with clients, Risk Advisors, and other coworkers within North Risk Partners PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS- Perform under normal office conditions; may include lifting/carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds- Twist, bend, stoop, kneel, squat, stand, walk, and reach frequently- Hear, speak, and effectively verbally communicate in the English language, including following oral and written instructions in order to communicate with people inside and outside of the organization- Sit and a desk for extended periods of time and perform long hours of work sitting at a computer- Move around office/building/facilities repeatedly throughout the day- Apply manual dexterity, visual acuity and ability, for computer keyboarding, office equipment uses, review of detailed reports, information, fine print, and warning labels- Must possess valid driver’s license and be able to travel to different North Risk Partners locations for meetings, as well as various locations throughout the state and potentially the region for client meetings- Able to work a flexible work schedule, including overtime, nights, and weekends to attend events and meetings as needed.