Desktop and Network Support
Position Status/Type: Full-time/Job
Location: C.O. Brown, a division of North Risk Partners™, in Rochester, Minn.
Salary/Compensation: DOE; includes benefits (medical, dental, disability, PTO and 401k with company match)
Provide user support and customer service on company-supported computer, network, server and telephony applications and platforms. Troubleshoot problems and resolve issues.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, and electronically
- Advise users on appropriate actions
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, server hardware, network hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Redirect problems to appropriate resource and communicate unresolved issues to IT team
- Inform management of recurring problems
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations
- Assist in IT projects and support company-wide initiatives (e.g. training employees, software updates, platform migrations)
- Associate’s degree in Information Systems or related field or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of the fundamental operations of relevant software (i.e. Windows Desktop and Server Operating Systems, Microsoft Office),network hardware, printers and other equipment
- Knowledge and experience with customer service practices
- Related experience in troubleshooting and providing help desk support
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to adapt and learn new skills
- Works well in teams
- Attention to detail and the ability to plan and organize accordingly
- Ability to drive to North Risk Partners offices in the Twin Cities and surrounding areas
Desired Start Date: Negotiable
Job Function(s): IT, Systems/Database/Network/Security
Application Deadline: 11/03/2014
Employer: C.O. Brown, a division of North Risk Partners™
Contact Name: Kate Burnevik
Apply by Email: Please send a resume and brief cover letter in word doc format to Kate Burnevik at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leave a Comment